Thursday, August 19, 2010

1st Day of School

The picture on the left was taken 4 1/2 years ago when I was bringing my sweet baby boy home from the hospital. The picture on the right was taken today -
he and I together on his first day of Pre-K.












I can't believe how fast the time goes - but here we are entering his school years. He is so excited and had a lot of fun on his first day. He drew a picture of his hand, read books and ate snacks. He also said he glued but that was all the information I got.


Some Moms stayed for the book reading - The Kissing Hand - and at the end we placed a heart sticker in their hand and kissed it to tell them good-bye. I had tears in my eyes but managed to kiss him and leave without crying. I did, however, cry while making the traditional 1st day of school cookies - a tradition my Mom began with us that I intend to follow with my kids.



Here are a few more pictures of Colton on his first day of school.
Ready for Pre-K
Kinzie wanted to go with him she kept saying "too,too"
Ready to enter Cross Timbers Elementary
Colton with his friend Corbin
with his teacher - Mrs. Metzger






and her assistant - Mrs. Pepper

No comments: